This delicious recipe tastes like a warm – cake Ferrero Rocher, and can be made 24 hours in advance and stored in the fridge for cooking when needed.
200g Dark Chocolate
75g Caster Sugar
16 Blanched Hazelnuts
6 tsps Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tbsp Nutella or Similar
6 Greased Ramekins
Serves 6 (in theory!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Blitz the hazelnuts in a blender until they represent a rubbly texture.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts equally between the 6 pre-greased ramekins, and then sprinkle 1 tsp of cocoa powder in each pot so that the sides and bottom are roughly covered.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan on a very low heat. (You can do this in a bain-marie, however I find that with dark chocolate and a very low heat you can get away without).
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl together. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla extract and Nutella.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly add this to the mixture and beat the whole lot together. Divide the mixture equally between the ramekins.
- Cook for 10 mins until the edges are cooked but the inside is still gooey and soft.